Painting your car is not like painting your house. It is not something that can be done well enough by someone who has no experience or knowledge in it. It goes beyond buying a few cans of paint and having the right equipment. If you want the best results and you do not want your car to look like it was painted by a ten year old then you better go for professional car painters to do the job for you.
Car painting prices can vary a lot. Shops that specialize in car repainting will have to remove all the old paint on your car, smooth the surface, apply the right paint with the desired color and use special chemicals in order to fix the paint and make it more permanent and resistant to the effects of exposure. This requires several applications. There are shops that can charge you low prices for their services but you will surely notice the difference after a couple of weeks, once the paint that they have applied starts peeling or just loses its shine and luster.
If you are looking for the most effective paint work for your car at the most affordable prices then here are some tips that you need to remember when looking for a shop that can paint your car for you:
1. There are several nationwide chains of automative shops that offer low cost car paint jobs. One of the most common of these chains is MAACO. Usually they will charge anywhere between $250 to $400 to finish painting your car. But always be wary about anything that seems too cheap. Ask to see pictures or better yet, real life examples of their car painting jobs.
2. You can find specialty car paint shops that will charge you between $1000 to $2000 for a paint job. You can expect a decent job from them as a rule.
3. If you have anywhere between $4000 to $8000 then you can take your car to a custom body shop that does excellent painting work. That cost will include changing the color, changing some major parts, and even rebuilding the engine.
4.Ask about the warranty that the shop offers. A bad paint job might not start peeling until after three years. A place like MAACO usually offers six months warranty on their work.
5. Your car might need some sort of body repair before it can be repainted which will add to the cost. If you choose high quality paint or metallic paints or maybe add some additional layers then that would mean additional costs as well.
6. Some shops will give you a discount if you do some of the preparation work yourself. That might include sanding down the surface of removing some parts that are not to be repainted.
7. Check out some of the cars that have been worked on by the shop. See if there are any telltale signs of poor quality work. If you see some, then better look for a different shop.
8. Shop around and compare prices that are being offered by different car painting shops in the area. Compare the level of work as well as their facilities. It always pays to be a scrutinizing customer. Just keep these tips in mind and you are sure to get a good paint job for your car at a price that is right for you.