Time is one of the preeminent elements of the universe. It affects all and is perpetually relevant and important. It has all-encompassing repercussions while it also has effects on the smallest and seemingly insignificant details of people’s lives. And one thing is for certain, no one can ever have the capability to change it or control it and you definitely couldn’t stop it. You can only go with it and adjust to it, as it goes ever on.
Since no one can control time, it is easy to say that it controls people. That does not happen to everyone, of course. Those who are better able to adjust to time become adept at using it for their own advantage, and they need to be able to tell the time correctly in order to do that properly. That’s also where the importance of having the right kind of watch comes into play.
Watches serve its user who needs to be able to tell the correct time to help put his life in order. In any case, watches definitely serve a useful purpose and it needs to be well taken care of in order to make sure that it runs smoothly. A major part of taking care of watches is having the knowledge of how to change the batteries that keep it running. So anyone who owns and uses watches would do well to know how to change the battery in a watch.
Steps in Changing the Battery of a Watch
If your watch has stopped telling the right time, then something must be wrong with it. Now if it is not an automatic watch, which does not need any batteries, then its batteries might need changing already.
Here are the steps on how to change the batteries of a watch properly:
• First, you’ll need to turn the watch over and then place a soft padding under the watch’s crystal. This will serve to prevent the scratching of the crystal.
• Next step would be to remove the cover at the back. Depending on the kind of watch, the back cover could be removed either by unscrewing the entire cover or by unscrewing it with the use of a screwdriver.
• Remove the gasket as carefully as possible and then lay it aside. Proceed to remove the battery and then identify it through the numbers that are found at the back.
• Purchase the battery that will replace the old one and then proceed to install it. Remove the protective wrapper and then wipe it to effectively remove any fingerprints of film.
• Start checking the operation of the watch. You will need to turn over the watch and see if the second hand is moving or if the digital display is advancing at all.
• Put the gasket back in place very carefully. After that, replace the back cover, taking care that the gasket is not damaged at all. It would be almost impossible to replace it once it gets damaged.
• Check the operation of the watch once again just to be on the safe side.